This is a place where I can share my little projects with whoever may be interested. I have a love for Midcentury Modern furniture and design. In fact, I was born into it. I was lucky enough to have a Dad with a great eye for modern design and architecture. Growing up we always had extraordinary houses including an Eichler. I have a side business re-selling Midcentury Modern furniture and this specific blog is dedicated to some of the pieces I find which are in pretty rough shape to begin with but with some expertise and a little love, end up being the things of beauty they were meant to be.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Midcentury Modern Chairs


 When I got these they had lots of dings and scratches, the joints were loose and creaky and they had a hideous flower pattern fabric. I re-glued all the joinery, sanded and refinished the wood, added some foam and re-upholstered the seats. There is a fifth chair to the set which had a split leg when I got it. I managed to repair it with hide glue and clamps. It's nearly invisible now. I put more time than it was worth into these chairs but I think they'll make someone happy. They are for sale for $225. Update: Sold.

No comments:

Post a Comment